Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Guide to Bad Fashion in the Horse World

Lately we have been noticing that horse gear is kind of high fashion. So today I was looking at the horse catalog websites in my favorites and I found some great fashion for our next riding adventure.

What guide to bad fashion in the horse world would be complete with out the formidable overly sparkly slinky? This one reminds me of "fruity pebbles." And really this was just on the first page. I'm sure if I would have kept looking I could have found an even uglier one, slinky makers love cheetah print. Remember spending hours and hours looking for decent one?

OK so obviously breaches are never very attractive, but that's not even the worst part. First of all these are apparently "low rise" breeches. So you know.... totally in style, but what else can we do to make these even cooler... hmmm... well aren't 80's coming back? Leg warmers it is! Oh wait.... just pink knee high tights, and weird ankle boots... ankle boots are in.
Keep that pesky sun from your eyes, with these sierraclubish/cartoonish/plasticy sun visors!


This is my favorite. I mean like a helmet isn't totally nerdy enough. And then you add the sequined cover (Are you also being haunted by memories of the purple helmet cover girl with the fake plastered on smile from all the horse shows?) Then since it's winter you add this great little warming/bank robbery thing. If I was into wasting money I would totally buy you one of these for Christmas.

No comments: